We’re looking for an exceptional Accounts/Billing specialist to join our expanding team.
Overview of Role
The key objective of this role is to work with Account Directors and business unit leads, working with them to ensure they are fully aware of their financial performance on a client, department, project and individual basis, making sure financial systems are being utilised to provide timely information to senior management on key decision making.
You will challenge all aspects of decision making that impact or are likely to impact the financial performance of the team or specific job in question, including utilisation, costings, and individual performance. To achieve this you will provide analysis, insight and commercial challenge to foster and develop a financially minded culture, which will benefit the short term performance and maximise the long term value in the business.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Account Handlers have correctly and accurately entered finalised budgets into our financial systems. Where budgets are missing from the system you will be responsible for following up with them and ensuring that budgets are duly recorded as soon as possible.
- Client billing, ensuring purchase orders are received and quoted as required
- Fee reconciliation
- Reconciling expenses revenue and cost of sales on a monthly basis, investigating areas of non-charged expenses
- Meet regularly with Account Handlers to review actual progress vs budget
- Review performance and report on projects where there is a danger that budget targets will not be met and/or invoicing is behind schedule
- Review and report on target utilisation against actual realised
- Produce performance reports by business unit
- Post accruals and deferred income as required
- Budget checking and tracking
- Responsibility for debtor control
- Assist with Board reports on a monthly and ad-hoc basis
- Capacity planning across business units
- Develop the in-house job costing programme
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
- Part qualified accountant
- Ideally previous communications agency experience
- Experience of job costing process, eg Synergist or Paprika/WIP system preferred
- Advanced Excel experience including vlookup and Pivot tables
Communication and Team Working
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Happy to take responsibility and ownership for tasks set and use initiative to find the best solution
- Very approachable and happy to help colleagues
- Proactive, self-starter
- Create constructive, positive relationships with every team in the business
- Provide additional support across the Finance Team as required
To apply of for more information, contact us here